Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Brick

So I had a very intense brick this last weekend. "What is a brick?" you may ask. A brick is working out in two different sports, back to back. So for this certain brick, I biked and then ran.

We happen to be out camping at a place with a lot of trails. So I went to hit them. After examining the dirt bike trails, I realized those were not for me, since my race is all road. But I did attempt some dirt roads. I headed down one, and that's were I got in trouble. The road ended, became a trail, all loose sand, not packed dirt. My map said that there was supposed to be another dirt road that I would run into to take me back to the main road. It failed to mention that trail connected the two roads!

So after walking my bike through sand I couldn't pedal in, contemplating how anyone would find me 2 miles deep on both sides in the deep woods with no cell phone coverage, I finally reached the other dirt road and then made it back to the main highway.

All in all, it was supposed to be a 50 minute bike ride. It ended up and hour and 5 minutes! Buy, hey! I was able to still run for 20 minutes afterward and could have kept going! I guess that shows I'm improving and headed somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment