Sunday, November 15, 2009

Motivation Problem?

Yes, I have a motivation problem, or so I assume! Thus why I created this blog. #1 is for helping myself, keeping myself accountable. I tend to get very excited about things and then have a problem sticking with it. Don't people call that something like, 'stick-to-it-tivness'? Maybe that is what I'm lacking.

I was out of town a week and a half ago and came back last Monday evening. This past week has consisted of trying to readjust to what I call, 'real life'. All of this is normal, yes, except that those things I've been working on have kinda flown out of the window. This is were I get nervous about the motivation thing. I am motivated tonight to start this week off right, getting back to working out and eating better. I was proud of myself that I actually worked out in Florida about 3 times, but I haven't worked out since I got home last Monday! FOCUS, FOCUS!

So I guess this is were the stick-to-it-tivness or what ever that is comes in. I need to learn a way to be able to keep up those things that I want in my life even when the regular schedule doesn't go so smooth. Yes, there are bumps in the road and things are always "normal", (when are they ever?), but that is when I need to be even more focused to follow things through. This applies to not just working out, but prayer, house cleaning/picked up, friendships, blog posts:), etc.

The question I place before you is how? How do we stay focused and motivated when things aren't always as normal or smooth as we wish them to be. Thoughts??

3 comments:

  1. The best way to stay focused, in my opinion, is to find someone else that will hold you accountable. Of course, you have to hold them accountable for something as well for if you do not, you will run the risk of having that person becoming a nag.... ;)

    God bless....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll second that! Humans are oriented to relationships, and we women are especially oriented to doing well in and with relationships. There's something rather motivating about being mutually accountable to/with another person. Don't know quite why, but that's what I've found.
    ~Margo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is the idea of "iron sharpening iron". We need one another to build up and move forward. (Or tear down and back track, as may be in some situations) With out the sense of community we are on our own which is going no where fast. That is why Christ calls us to live in community, to be supported.

    Of course this carries over to the everyday in's and out's of life. It is hard to do, to put yourself out there to someone else, but it is surly helpful and needed.

    ReplyDelete