Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Shoes & training

Yes, I got a new pair of Mizuno's. Got to run with them last night for the 1st time. I went just over a 5K. Report? This morning, not much sorer (is that a word?) then usual, a little tight in my left hamstring and the sides of my lower back. But no PAIN in knees, back or shins. YEAH! The shoes seemed to help me strike better and have more flexibility. I think the Brooke's were just to stiff. Like Sheri mentioned, I sure know a lot more then I ever thought about my feet! Thanks Gazelle and the wonderful two women who helped me!

Training? We'll I've taken to just running in the last 2 weeks since I have a 10K coming up on May 8th. I do miss tri training, though. I really like having the option of 3 sports to choose from. I think that my husband is right, I'm going to be addicted. I started this journey thinking that I would do just one tri, but here I am, already looking at what more I can add and thinking how to train better next year.

I'm shocked at those I hear from, either, "how are your shoes working?", or "you're super-mom to be doing this", or "you are inspiring", cause these aren't things I think about myself. I went in this to achieve something that I thought I wouldn't ever normally do and to see myself follow through with it all the way. Look where it has taken me! My attitude toward life is so different now, and I'm so grateful for the blessings God has put in my life through my physical gifts as well as friendships and relationships as well as His beautiful Earth that He lets us enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. It IS inspiring! and I hope to join you one day, so keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen! It is always amazing to hear and very encouraging, I need it!

    ReplyDelete