Friday, April 23, 2010

It's been too long!

Spring fever is here and with that, and 4 kids, I've been away from the computer a lot! After being away for Spring Break, we've been outside a lot! The days being longer has been nice and we are having great spring weather here!

I'm in full training mode now, with my 10K looming in the near future, just 2 weeks from tomorrow! I'm up to 4 miles plus, easily, but if you saw in some of my comments, I'm still having shoe problems. I bought a pair, am returning them, and hoping to find the right pair to use before the race! This shoe thing, like stated before, is trickier then I thought. I've never analyzed my feet so much! I know that I definitely pronate (role from out to in), so I need some stability. But I seem to be more sore then ever before, which makes me think that I'm pounding harder then I thought and need more cushioning. It is hard to know how I should be feeling since this is the first pair I've bought since I've started running. It's like, how are they supposed to feel and how am I supposed to feel?!

Anyway, my hubby is running too, and I'm excited to run this race with him. It is definitely a challenge for both of us, since it has snuck up on us sooner then we thought. But I am still loving the exercise and feeling invigorated and stressed relived as I run. I am so grateful to be able to work out!

2 comments:

  1. I sure hope that tonight you will find the right shoes! I understand how difficult and frustrating that can be (I am having similar problems with my shoes). But, at least you know lots about your feet now :)
    I take it you are running the Fifth Third 10k...! So am I!
    Did you mention that you were training for a triathlon as well?

    - Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri,

    So I got a new pair tonight. I think I startled your Paul as well, cause I kept calling to my husband (who's name is also Paul), and this other guy kept turning around. Was he working tonight? He probably thought I was crazy! Anyway, can't wait to try out the new shoes tomorrow.

    And yes, we are doing the River Bank run. It is true that I'm also training for a Sprint Tri in Chi town in Aug. along with the Reeds Lake Tri in Sept.

    Tried out the wet suit and it works great!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete