Friday, December 4, 2009

Let it SNOW!!

I have to let you know that today is one of those days that are really enjoyable in living out my vocation. I'm still in my P.J's and it is, well, I can't quite admit, but let's just say it's WAY afternoon. The kitchen is not very clean. The phone has finally stopped ringing off the hook. No chores have been done. But the kids got breakfast and lunch, and I got the youngest dressed before noon, (unlike myself!)

So what's so different today from other days? It's a SNOW DAY! Here in the Great Lakes, we were covered with 9 inches of snow last night. I went to bed looking at a forecast predicting 3-6. We awoke to beautiful white, and it has been falling off and on all day. So I have all 4 kiddos home. What have I been doing? Answering the phone, calling their friends, talking to mine, pulling out boots, snow pants, mittens, hats, scarves, etc. Putting on boots, snow pants, scarves, mittens, hats, etc. You know what? I love it! I love when my kids get along, play outside together (for more then and hour!), come back in for lunch and want to go out for more! To be sure, nothing is really getting done today except for thanking God for the gift of life He's given me and seeing them enjoy the first snow of the season.

Sometimes we have to let the big things go and enjoy those things that won't last. I know that some day snow days will mean that my kiddos will sleep till 1 p.m. and it won't be the same. So I'm choosing to enjoy today!

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just love these days when you can sit back and say, "I'm really enjoying my children today!"? So happy for you all - this post put a big smile on face and reminded me of the many joys of being a mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sara! It is a good reminder to me, just by writing it, something we all need to be reminded of. Funny thing is that after this posted, I had 3 more snow days this past week! Maybe God is trying to reminded me very CLEARLY to enjoy my children, cause maybe I forget too easily!:) Happy week of Advent Joy to you!

    ReplyDelete