Wednesday, December 2, 2009

For Every Season

This post has been long in the making. Mostly because my brain has been on overload. With Thanksgiving just past and Christmas looming ahead, it is easy to miss the focus of not only the true meaning, but this time to celebrate Advent. I must admit that in the past, I've felt really good about myself and prided myself on being "on top" of prep and being able to enjoy the Advent season.

Then this past Sunday came and I was overwhelmed beyond belief. I don't know if that is because of child #4 being 6 months, or just having 4 kids or, I don't know, any other excuse I can come up with? I was frustrated with myself for being overwhelmed when I knew where my focus should be. Sad to say that I haven't fully solved the problem. I have excepted that all might not get done and that my home might not be like the movies.

I went to an "Advent By Candlelight" were I listened to a meditation about being the jug of water that Jesus changed into wine. The people didn't know where it came from, and neither do I need to know where or how the change happened. Yet, my heart needs to be open to being changed. The other question that was asked was "what does God want to give me for Christmas", and "what do I need to do to receive that?". This went hand in hand with what our Pastor has been talking about the last few weeks about this being New Year's for the Church. How are we going to be different a year from now then we are now?

So my motivations now is to take these thoughts to heart. Maybe if I focus on where the meaning should be, I"ll get the practicals back on track and be able to enjoy this time of year that I love so much.

Questions? Thoughts? What are your stumbling blocks during this season and how do you resolve them? This should be a faith filled and enjoyable time of year, not a time that we wish we can just make it through. Let's make an effort to enjoy the meaning the way it is intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment