Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Balance

This seems to be a theme of my life: Seeking balance. I don't think I do it very well. Do you? I seem to be one of those people who either swings one way too far, or the other. Either I don't care that things are clean and organized, or I can't relax because they are not. I'm trying to learn how to prioritize better so that things get done, but I'm not hyper about when things aren't always done. Does this make sense?

I find this hard to do when my normal routine gets thrown out of wack. For instance, my kids have been off since Tues. due to illness that has closed our school. Talk about what to do! My husband has been under the weather and home, and I'm fighting something myself. So I'm striving for some balance.

I actually did pretty well today. I got some ironing done, took the kids, with my mom, to the cider mill, and still managed to work in a workout while at the park for the kids soccer practices. When I type it all out like this it looks good. But in my head, I still have yesterday, where I didn't do anything. It was nice to sit around and drink tea and talk to my husband, but the bathrooms didn't get clean, and the laundry didn't get done. So today I was swinging the other way, and now I'm exhausted!

But I guess the key is to keep pushing forward, right? The balance may not come in the same day, but in two, or within the week. I guess I just have to be patient and not give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment