Thursday, October 15, 2009

"I silently resolved to have a humbler, more grateful heart. I am everything God intends for me to be. This place where He put me offers me all the intellectual affirmation I need, I told myself."

I read this quote today in an email that my husband sent me. The email was quite funny; about hardware stores and the differences between men and women. It ended with this quote, more or less. I read it and reread it again, realizing that this really sums up what I need to think like.

I have a tendency to feel inadequate as I go about my life wearing different hats. There is always more to do, something is not finished, I'm not getting enough of something else done. I have a hard time finding the balance between feeling that I can enjoy my life and doing all the "chores" of life that need to be done. Anyone else struggle with this?

Yet, as I read this quote, I realize that as I seek God's will for my life, I am in His plan, living out the vocation that He has intended for me to live. I can always improve and strive for balance, but in the end, I need to humble myself and know that I am everything that God intends for me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment