Sunday, October 18, 2009

I'm training for a triathlon. Yes, really! I've had many the mixed reaction from those I've shared with, which now are many, since I've noticed that sharing keeps me motivated and focused, but also inspires others as well!

I've really loving it, too. I'm surprised at that part. You see, I'm not a runner, or a biker, or a swimmer, for that matter. I'm athletic and always have been involved with sports growing up. But since I've had kids, exercising has become a chore. But through a friend who has really encouraged me, and challenged me, I'm setting new goals and changing me attitude.

Aside from the "good for you" things about exercise, I'm discovering something the "good" in a different way as well. The bible teaches us that our bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit and rightfully so. We are called to glorify God with our bodies. What better way to do this then to exercise and take care of our body in this healthy way? I'm truly experiencing this. I feel better, have more energy, and just seem overall, more happy. Why should I be surprised, isn't that what we always here about what exercise will do for us?

It is not only that. I'm seeing how blessed I am. I can walk, run, bike, swim, enjoy nature and enjoy friendship in a way that I haven't really experienced before. I am thankful and try to take the time when I'm out enjoying the use of my body to let God know that, to glorify Him through the gift He has given me! In doing this, it motivates me more to keep going.

So maybe this is where I get the "Motivated with Meaning" theme. I want to not just doing things in my life, but carry them through with a purpose. Let God be praised!

No comments:

Post a Comment